Picture Post Help
Signage is the best way to let people know that there is a Picture Post in the area, its purpose, and how and where to upload pictures. Attractive and informative signs go a long way towards inviting people to take pictures now or to bring along their digital camera next time! Signs can be attached to the post and anywhere else that will point people to your post.
- If your Picture Post is in a park or along a trail, ask the park personnel if you can put a sign about the post in their kiosk or bulletin board.
- Signs should be laminated and attached securely to the post to resist being lost or damaged by weather and becoming unreadable.
- Include the Picture Post logo on your signs -- the more Picture Posts that pop up around the world, the more visible is the network, and the more information that is collected.
- Once you have added your post to the website, it will be assigned a post number and a permanent URL. You can include the post URL in the signs for people to easily find your post on the website.
- Click here to get a full-resolution picture post logo (as shown here) as a jpeg file for your sign!
Sample sign information
Text to cut & paste
Calling All Citizen Scientists!
Lincoln Akerman School and UNH need pictures to evaluate change in this salt marsh throughout the seasons and years to come.
You can help!
- Take a photo of this sign. Include your watch in the picture to note the time and date.
- Place your phone/camera against the side of the platform to face North, marked
- Take a photo pointing away from the post.
- Repeat for the other 7 sides of the platform, going clockwise.
- Roll your camera on its back along the north edge to take the UP picture.
- Submit photos to the website below. If you have a mobile device and there is a signal, you can upload photos now.
- This post is: This post is: Depot Road Marsh Hampton Falls, NH